[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] upgrading

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:11:33 EDT 2007

On 9/27/07, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any accepted practice on how to upgrade an existing Evergreen
> instance?  I'm on RC2, thinking maybe I should be on RC4, and not sure if I
> should clear the DB and follow the instructions from the beginning or what.

Hi John,

Between RC2 and RC4 there is one new table and one new column on an
existing table.  Just apply the following SQL at a psql prompt and
then upgrade the Evergreen software pieces.  (Copied to -dev, as
that's where this should really go.)

--------------------- start of update --------------------

BEGIN;

CREATE TABLE actor.usr_org_unit_opt_in (
       id              SERIAL                          PRIMARY KEY,
       org_unit        INT                             NOT NULL
REFERENCES actor.org_unit (id),
       usr             INT                             NOT NULL
REFERENCES actor.usr (id),
       staff           INT                             NOT NULL
REFERENCES actor.usr (id),
       opt_in_ts       TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE        NOT NULL DEFAULT NOW(),
       opt_in_ws       INT                             NOT NULL
REFERENCES actor.workstation (id),
       CONSTRAINT usr_opt_in_once_per_org_unit UNIQUE (usr,org_unit)
);

ALTER TABLE action.hold_request ADD COLUMN thaw_date TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE;

COMMIT;

--
Mike Rylander