[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] moving PINES example code from ILS repo to ILS-Contrib

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Aug 22 16:51:54 EDT 2008

Currently, there are a number of customization files, policy scripts, etc.
specific to PINES in the Evergreen directory of the Evergreen ILS
repository.  Early on, the ILS repository served as a good place to keep
these files, but as Evergreen expands, it makes less sense for them to
stay there.  Also, as you might imagine, it tends to create confusion.

I would like to propose that these files be moved into the ILS-Contrib
repository (http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib) to continue to serve
as examples of how one can configure certain parts of the software.
Perhaps ILS-Contrib/PINES-Examples/ ?

The long-term goal here is to completely remove the Evergreen directory
 from the ILS repository, since no one outside of PINES uses any of its
contents.

Suggestions/thoughts welcome.

-b

--