[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen - blog and news aggregator

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 2 06:55:36 EST 2008

I had spoken to Dan off-list about this before he posted and want to agree
with Warren that this is very useful contribution to the Evergreen
community. I'm going to create an Evergreen category feed for my personal
blog so the "Planet" can subscribe to just those related posts. Perhaps the
feed's splash page can encourage bloggers who write cross-topic to do the
same? As someone who tracks a lot of "intelligence" feeds, I can testify
that it's pretty hard to finesse a keyword feed for "Evergreen" (or
"Equinox") that doesn't pull in loads of noise (though specific to any one
blog, that might work fine).

I'm a little torn about Warren's request but am inclined to agree with him.
I hate it when typo corrections refresh the posts... but there are times
when I want to draw eyes to a correction or amplification. I think the best
way for me to do that (not just thinking about Planet Evergreen) is to write
a separate, shorter post mentioning that the post has been substantively
changed.

Anyway, kudos to the tireless Dan Scott who has again come up with something
wonderful! If he thinks it's baked enough, I'll mention it in the
newsletter, pushed to a Thursday morning pub date due to several other
interesting items flowing in this week.