[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen and LTFL

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:12:54 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 10:58 AM, Forest, Jon <Jon.Forest at maine.gov> wrote:
> I spoke to Tim Spalding, founder of LibraryThing, a couple months ago &
> asked the same question.  The answer at that point was no, and somehow I
> feel like we would have heard about it if anyone had started using it.
> I remember that he said he was very interested in Evergreen in general
> and would like to develop LTFL for Evergreen, but had not been
> approached by anyone using it yet.

It's just a matter of production interest, really.  I'd be happy to
work with LT on tight integration with Evergreen, and judging by the
code quality of both projects, it should be next to trivia.

That being said, there are somethings that Evergreen and LTFL both do
today (oISBN and thingISBN, for instance) and some features planned
for Evergreen that LTFL already does.  I think there are ways that
even the competing features can cooperate, all to the patrons' and
staff members' benefit.

--miker

> Jon Forest
> Library Automation Manager