[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What are your requirements for Evergreen?

Edward Corrado corrado at tcnj.edu
Mon Feb 4 09:07:56 EST 2008

Dan Scott said the following on 02/04/2008 12:53 AM:
> Hi Deb:
>
> I'm going to push you for some more information here - and remind you
> that the question I asked was:
>
> "What are the base requirements that have to be in place before we, as
> an academic library, or consortium of academic libraries, can migrate
> to Evergreen?"
>
> Nice-to-haves are fine, too, but we need to keep them identified as
> such to prioritize tasks appropriately (unless, of course, having the
> nice-to-have would outweigh any other consideration - like: "If
> Evergreen came with a built-in ice cream maker, I couldn't care less
> if it supported EDI!")

If Evergreen came with a built-in ice cream maker, I couldn't care less if it DIDN'T supported EDI! The lack of a completed acquistions module is also a deal-breaker, but it is in the works.

Another deal breaker is a Z39.50 server (I know about Joshua's one that Dan mentioned earlier, but we need one that is currently being maintained and supported).

Also, an academic holds/reserves functionality is important, hopefully with built-in electronic reserves capability. Maybe if something could be tied into something like ReservesDirect ( http://www.reservesdirect.org ).

The non-deal breakers, but things that would be rally nice to have....

    Media/Room scheduling

    Support for MARC Holdings format

    Authority Control functionality (at a non-network level)

    Bulk loading of records at a local level

Edward

--
Edward M. Corrado
http://www.tcnj.edu/~corrado/