[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What are your requirements for Evergreen? - Evergreen Chinese version

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:13:47 EST 2008

2008/2/4 Grace Liu <gyliu86 at hotmail.com>:
>  > Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:30:29 -0500
> > From: mrylander at gmail.com
> > To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
> > Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What are your requirements for Evergreen?
> >
> > On Feb 1, 2008 2:22 PM, Mark Ellis <mark.ellis at yourlibrary.ca> wrote:
> > > Dan,
> > >
> > > Here are a few things we need:
> > >
> > > 1. The ability to support Chinese (both simplfied and traditional) in
> > > the data and interface. Your i18n efforts may make the latter just a
> > > matter of translation. Getting result sets sorted properly might not be
> > > as straightforward.
> >
> > Fortunately, we do have a plan for result set sorting. I know it will
> > work for simplified Chinese, but I'm not sure about traditional. The
> > plan is based on this* and the internationalization work that Dan and
> > I have been doing.
> >
> > * http://www.fi.muni.cz/~ad elton/l10n/.en
> >

>  Jason Zou at Lakehead University and I (Grace Liu at University of Windsor)
> have been working on the Evergreen Chinese version since last November. The
> first version (for OPAC) had been released last month. See the following
> link:
>
>  http://libnt2.lakeheadu.ca/opac/zh-CN/skin/default/xml/index.xml (at
> Lakehead University)
>
>  or http://137.207.184.49/opac/zh-CN/skin/default/xml/index.xml (at
> University of Windsor)

Grace, thanks so much for publishing these!  I know you and Jason have
been putting a lot of time into this work, and for longer than just
the last three months, but I had hesitated because I wasn't sure of
whether you were ready to share it with the world.  This is great, and
we all appreciate it very much.

Thanks again!

--
Mike Rylander