[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] One OPAC to Rule Them All...

Kermit Jones kermitjr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:24:00 EST 2008

Jason,

Hi again, and thanks for your email.  I'll go with the home solution
then since you're saying 2Mbps should be okay for now.  Where do I start
looking for the multiple domain documentation?  And just to clarify...
I'm not saying one domain per library... I'm saying Three separate
institutions, each with multiple libraries.

I know there will be some Apache magic somewhere in there, but I'm not
sure how it shakes out with the databases (three separate user/pass?).

> You can have customized OPAC's (and domains) for each library with one
> Evergreen install, using virtual host settings with Apache.
So, i"m not looking for each library to have a separate domain... I'm looking for each association (multiple libraries within each) to have a separate domain and the associations do not intertwine records, but the libraries within do.

Domain1: 10 libraries in the association (each can share)
Domain2: 20 different libraries in association (each can share)

Domain1 and Domain2 libraries don't see each other.

Not sure if that's clear, but I don't know if your answer was to that or my wrongly worded original question.

So where do I got?  I'm planning on using the install script for a
Debian Etch installation.  Where do I hack after that?

Thanks again,
Kermit