[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] One OPAC to Rule Them All...

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:52:41 EST 2008

> Will the 2Mbps kill me?  Remember, light user load.

Hi Kermit, you should be fine.  For comparison, I believe PINES peaks
at around 5Mbps for Evergreen traffic.

> Can I run all three sites on the same Evergreen Install (with independent
> domains) or do i need three separate installs?

You can have customized OPAC's (and domains) for each library with one
Evergreen install, using virtual host settings with Apache.

> How hard is it to migrate the data if I upgrade to offsite VPS (I'm assuming
> we're simply talking some database exports or a backup/restore route).

It shouldn't be difficult with the amount of data you're talking about.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/backup.html#BACKUP-DUMP

> When doing data entry, can you do it on a local machine and then "sync" it
> with the main server at off peak times?

It depends on the data entry.  For circulation, there is an offline
mode for the staff client.  Cataloging would be something different.
Though I don't expect you to run into load issues given your expected
usage and stated hardware.

Let me know if this helps!

--
Jason Etheridge