[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Loading Records from Voyager

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Thu Jan 24 20:24:24 EST 2008

Hi Edward,

I'm working on the same issues - but from SIRSI (Unicorn GL3.1).
Bibrecords  work the same as on the page you refer to.

If you aren't prone to errors of omission, like me, that piece is pretty straight forward.
The most important step is to remember to run the  "# SELECT MAX(id)+1 FROM biblio.record_entry;" between each  marc2bre.pl and set the startid.

My stumbling block is holdings...........
I'm guessing I can export holdings from Unicorn, and I can convert them to MARC21XML with MarcEdit or others.........
I know my holdings are in 852 not 999 but I need additional direction as well.

If you figure something out let me know.
Cheers

F. Grant Johnson
566-0630 / fgjohnson at upei.ca
Skype ID = jetsongeorge

Systems/Web Coordinator
 Robertson Library
 University of Prince Edward Island

***************
Attitude is IT!

>>> On 01/24/2008 at 5:46 PM, in message <4799071D.4020605 at tcnj.edu>, Edward Corrado <corrado at tcnj.edu> wrote:
Hello All,

I know about
http://www.open ( http://www.open/ )-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords&s=load
but before I try to re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if anyone had
directions for getting bib, holdings, and item records from Voyager into
Evergreen?

Thanks,

Edward

--