[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What are your requirements for Evergreen?

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Jan 29 21:42:54 EST 2008

Hi,

On 1/29/08, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> An acquisitions system is a given for everyone, and we're currently
> working on that in the acq-experiment branch, as documented in
> http://open-ils.org/blog/?p=101 http://open-ils.org/blog/?p=108 and
> http://open-ils.org/blog/?p=115, as well as in the wiki at
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:acq_serials
>
> A serials module is also a base requirement for everyone. On top of
> the acquisitions portion (subscription support, vs. basic one-time
> purchases), at a basic level we need basic patterns (overlay calendars
> with exceptions), a helpful check-in interface, and claiming.

To suggest a requirement that is likely core to some, perhaps ideal to
others, ERMS support would be useful, either in the form of ERM
functions integrated with the acquisitions, serials, and reporting
modules, or support for exchanging acquisitions and other information
with a stand-alone ERMS, or both.

Regards,

Galen
--