[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reporting

evergreen at copelan.com evergreen at copelan.com
Fri Jun 13 14:20:34 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,
I have been looking into the reporting in the Staff Client.  In the Local Admin menu there is a
reporting section but that seems to only create folders.   Evidently I've missed (yet again) the
Wiki page for how to actually write reports.

What I'm looking for  is:
- holdings by type, call number
- costing report for insurance purposes that would list identifying info (ISBN, Title, Author,
Publisher) and cost

Item Display seems to have this type of functionality but the export for that only works for short
lists.

Can anyone please point me to the documentation on how to write custom reports within EG.  If it
needs to be external (perl, php, c) and directly against the database then that is ok too. I just
didn't want to go that route if EG already had the capablity.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

RobertC