[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reporting

evergreen at copelan.com evergreen at copelan.com
Fri Jun 13 15:51:08 EDT 2008

Thats Karen,   That is what I needed. Appreciate the info.  That'll be my project for tonight!

Robert

On Fri Jun 13 15:29 , Karen Collier  sent:

>Robert,
>
>There are links to some information on reporting from this page of the wiki (See #7, Statistical Reporting).
>
>http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php\?id=evergreen-user:evergreen_end-user_documentation
>
>I have been experimenting with reporting a lot recently and intend to update and add to this documentation in the not too
distant future.  Here's the quick and dirty version.

>You're looking in the right place.  From the Local Admin Page, click on Reports.  Click on Templates and create at least one
subfolder there, as well as at least one subfolder within Reports and Output.  Once you have subfolders created, click on the
image of the folder next to "Templates" to expand the menu and see your subfolders.  Click on one of your template subfolders and
then click "Create a new Template for this folder."

>This will take you into the template building interface, where you can select fields from the database to (eventually) display
as columns in an Excel spreadsheet, as well as filters to determine the criteria for which records will get displayed as rows.

>Once your template is as you want it, click Save.  Go back into the subfolder within Templates where you saved the template.
Select that template and choose "Create a new report from the selected template."  Here you will decide when and how often you
want the report to run as well as fill in any values you left blank in the filters in your template.  When you're done filling
this in, click save report.

>If you selected for the report to run immediately or scheduled it for a time in the past, you can look in the output subfolder
you selected to see if it has completed yet.  Reports I've done so far have completed very quickly, within a matter of seconds.
Once your report is listed as complete, select it and choose view report output.  This will display a link that lets you open the
Excel spreadsheet produced, as well as displaying any other output formats you selected when setting up the report.

>It will probably take some experimentation to figure out which database sources to use to get the reports you're looking for,
but it definitely sounds like the kind of thing you could get an Evergreen report to do.  I've been very impressed with reporting
in Evergreen so far.  It lets me see all kinds of info that I couldn't have gotten to in my former ILS.  :)