[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Re: Open-ils-general Digest, Vol 24, Issue 13

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:03:54 EDT 2008

2008/6/29 Graham Saathoff <gsaathoff at gmail.com>:
> Hello Jf,
>
> Thanks for your help.  I ran the "settings-tester.pl" script and was
> able to fix a few things, but I'm still not up and running.  Here's
> the output of settings-tester.pl:

> Checking Jabber connection
> * Error connecting to jabber:
> SCALAR(0x86b2ef4)

Hi Graham:

settings-tester.pl uses the settings from opensrf_core.xml to try to
connect to your ejabberd server. Unfortunately, it's not very good at
telling you why the connection is failing. Some things to check:

1) Is ejabberd running? Try running "ps -aef | grep ejabberd"

2) Is ejabberd listening on the port you have configured in
opensrf_core.xml? Normally this would be port 5222 on host
"localhost". Check with:

telnet localhost 5222

You should see something like:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

3) Are all three of the username / password combos in opensrf_core.xml
set correctly? Step 14 on
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_debian_etch_x86_32-bit
registers the ejabberd users for your router; you'll note that you
only create two users.

The first username/passwd combo in opensrf_core.xml corresponds to
opensrf/opensrfpass.
The second username/passwd combo in opensrf_core.xml corresponds to
opensrf/opensrfpass.
The third username/password combo in opensrf_core.xml corresponds to
router/routerpass. (Note that the password element here is different -
it is the full word "password", rather than the "passwd" element used
for the "opensrf" login credentials).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University