[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation error

Gord Ripley gripley at trentu.ca
Tue Mar 11 15:57:12 EDT 2008

Hi:

I'm re-installing on the latest version of Debian, and I've run into a glitch at Step 17: # Register your ejabber users for the OpenSRF router service; these users will correspond to your configuration in opensrf_core.xml:

# Syntax for registering a user with ejabberdctl
# ejabberdctl register user server password
ejabberdctl register router evergreen-server.localdomain routerpass
ejabberdctl register opensrf evergreen-server.localdomain opensrfpass

With ejabberdctl register router evergreen-server.localdomain routerpass, I get the following error message:

Can't register user "router at evergreen-server.localdomain" at node ejabberd at ripley: not_allowed

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Gord

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
*   Gord Ripley
*   Systems Librarian,
*   Bata Library, Trent University,
*   1600 West Bank Drive