[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SPAM: Re: Trying out Evergreen--VMWare

Fred.King at Medstar.net Fred.King at Medstar.net
Thu May 1 16:34:37 EDT 2008

And to add yet another comment: I've been trying out various library
software over the past few months, and I highly recommend experimenting
using VMWare images. Not only are they easy to set up, but if you make
mistakes beyond the point of no return, all you have to do is delete the
image and start over. It's a lot easier than having to rebuild a system
from the beginning. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a VMWare image for a
production system, but for scratch monkeys, they can't be beat.

open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org wrote on 04/30/2008
05:07:52 PM:

> Great response, Jodi - we should probably fold some of that nice,
> straightforward response into the Evergreen FAQ at
> http://open-ils.org/faq.php
>
> One small comment - VMWare Server and VMWare Player is an application
> that runs on Windows as well as Linux.  So you can actually open up
> one of the Evergreen VMWare images on a Windows system, and have
> Linux, running inside of VMWare, running on Windows. No need to
> install Linux at all. Of course, it helps to have a basic familiarity
> with Linux if you want to get your own MARC records on it, etc...
>
> 2008/4/30 Jodi Schneider <jschneider at amherst.edu>:
> >

> > Hi B,
> >
> > Glad that you're interested in trying out Evergreen!
[snip]

Fred King
Medical Librarian, Washington Hospital Center
fred.king at medstar.net
202-877-6221

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this communication,
including its attachments may contain confidential information and
is intended only for the individual (s) or entity (ies) to whom it
is addressed . The information contained in this communication may
also be protected by legal privilege , federal law or other
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication , you are hereby notified that any distribution,
dissemination or duplication of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please
immediately delete and destroy all copies of this message and
please immediately notify us of the error by separate communication
 Thank you.