[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC capabilities

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri May 2 11:06:27 EDT 2008

On Thursday 01 May 2008 11:18 Cassandra Evans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Cassandra and I am a graduate student in library school.  I am
> presently in special course examining the benefits of three paticular open
> source systems, including Evergreen, for a small special research library.
> Can anyone answer this question about the operation of the Evergreen OPAC:
>
> Can the system keep statistics on entire sessions, as well as on individual
> searches? If so, how detailed and customizable are the statistics?

Hi Cassandra,

The system retains an activity log which logs all requests, including OPAC
searches.  If a user is logged in, you can get a breakdown of all activity
within that session.  Since this data is not stored in the database, you
can't build reports from within the Evergreen reporting interface, however it
would be trivial to extract the required data from the log files and create a
CSV file suitable for import into any reporting tool.

Hope this helps,

-bill

--
Bill Erickson