[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] barcode

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:40:55 EDT 2008

> Hi, I need to know how could I make a barcode in evergreen, I have a
> evergreen client,and through the client in windows xp I can get access
> to evergreen server

Hi David,

Assuming you're wanting to add a barcoded item to the system:

In the staff client, if you go to the Record Summary page for a title,
there will be a drop-down called "Actions for this Record".

>From there choose "Holdings Maintenance".

The select your library/organization in the tree-structure you see in
that interface, and either right-click on that row or open the
"Actions for Selected Rows"

Select "Add Volumes".  Under "#1 of volumes", enter 1 and press enter.
 Then enter a call number (a label describing where the item "lives")
and press enter.  Then under "# of Copies" enter 1 and press enter.
Then enter your barcode.  Select "Edit then Create".  Then select
"Create Copies" and you're done.

Let me know if this helps!

--
Jason Etheridge