[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hi everyone -- and already, a question!

Karen G. Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Tue May 20 15:09:15 EDT 2008

This is my first message to open-ils-general since the announcement
yesterday that I'd be joining Equinox as of June 23. I'm very excited
about getting to know everyone in the Evergreen community (including many
of you I've known for a while!) and to becoming part of the Evergreen
success story.

I'm joining Equinox in time to participate in ALA Annual as an Equinox
employee, which will be great fun.  I plan to conduct several booth demos
about open source and Evergreen and hope you stop by or send interested
people to say hi to us or see the show (schedule forthcoming!).

As the Community Librarian, I look forward to building community. One idea
I suggested late last week was to hold an Evergreen Birds-of-a-Feather
event at ALA, since that worked so well at PLA's conference -- a chance
for Evergreen's community members to relax for a bit, share the
"face-to-face" experience, talk code and implementation, etc.

The problem is that at this late date, a month from the conference, we
almost need a time machine to make this happen -- many locations are
taken.

So I have two questions:

* Do you have suggestions for where we could hold an Evergreen BOAF
(assuming several dozen people show up) -- some place within reasonable
access of the main conference sites?

* If we held such an event, would any of these dates and times work for you?

Friday, June 27, 2-4
Friday, June 27, 5-7
Saturday, June 28, 3-5
Saturday, June 28, 5-7
Monday, June 30, 10-12
Monday, June 30, 2-4

I'm also available for coffee, tea, a quick hi in the hallways, or whatever!