[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 1.4 install problems after running staff client

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Nov 13 08:27:06 EST 2008

To get it going I had to stop and restart Evergreen after a reboot.

In other words, I ran these 2 commands as opensrf:
1. osrf_ctl.sh -l -a stop_all
2 osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all

It seems that there may be a deeper problem here since I think Evergreen
should start correctly at reboot, but this is a fix to get over this error.

I checked the various logs for errors after reboot. The osrfsys.log
contains a number of errors similar to the following:

/usr/sbin/apache2 [ERR :4119:EX.pm:66:] Exception:
OpensSRF::EX::JabberDisconnected... OpenSRF::Transport... This Jabber
Instance is no longer connected to the server.

I am not sure if these are errors during the shutting down process which
I can ignore or important errors during the booting up process.

Sorry about not providing the details but I wanted to be sure my hunches
were correct before providing the details.

Thanks,
Robert