[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 1.4 install problems after running staff client

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Thu Nov 13 18:38:45 EST 2008

Hi, Robert.

To clarify, the problem occurs when hard rebooting your machine, and
Evergreen is supposed to come up automatically at boot time? Is the
startup running command #2 that you noted below (osrf_ctl.sh -1 -a
start_all)?

I seem to remember a recommendation to use the individual commands
instead of the start_all command, to avoid a race condition where
services would start before their prequesites. In other words, at
start up, run

osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_router
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_perl
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_c

as three commands, instead. Alternately, are you sure that osrf_ctl.sh
-a start_all is running after Ejabberd is started, if its happening
automatically?

Brandon Uhlman
BC Sitka

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant