[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation Problems for 1.4 on Debian Etch

Melissa Lefebvre mlefebvre at biblio.org
Wed Nov 19 13:54:33 EST 2008

Hi,

I am new to Evergreen, and am trying to set up a test server.  I am using
Debian Etch and Evergreen 1.4.  I've followed and completed the install
instructions but I've run into a few problems that I am not sure how to
correct or what I've done wrong.  I would appreciate any guidance anyone
could provide.  Should I have not installed 1.4 on Debian Etch?  I only saw
install instructions for 1.4 on Ubuntu but thought I would give it a whirl
on Debian.  Here are the problems I've run into.

When starting Evergreen I receive the following error:

Starting OpenSRF Router

Starting OpenSRF Perl

Unknown error field throw at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 397

When testing the connection to Evergreen, I am able to start srfsh but
receive the following:

Received Data: "8308a46014f0d44f76842a7107682128"

------------------------------------

Request Completed Successfully

Request Time in seconds: 0.015118

------------------------------------

Received Exception:

Name: osrfMethodException

be called first

------------------------------------

Request Completed Successfully

Request Time in seconds: 60.024407

------------------------------------

Login Session: (none). Session timeout: 0.000000

Here are the results from running settings-tester.pl

LWP::UserAgent version 2.033

XML::LibXML version 1.69

XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.69

XML::LibXSLT version 1.59

Net::Server::PreFork version 0.90

Cache::Memcached version 1.15

Class::DBI version 0.96

Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07

Template version 2.14

DBD::Pg version 1.49

Net::Z3950::ZOOM version 1.25

MARC::Record version 2.0.0

MARC::Charset version 1.0

MARC::File::XML version 0.88

Text::Aspell version 0.04

CGI version 3.15

DateTime::TimeZone version 0.42

DateTime version 0.35

DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06

DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.2901

Unix::Syslog version 0.100

GD::Graph3d version 0.63

JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.19

Log::Log4perl version 1.07

Email::Send version 2.181

Text::CSV_XS version 0.23

Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.01

Tie::IxHash version 1.21

Parse::RecDescent version 1.94

SRU version 0.97

JSON::XS version 2.23

Checking Jabber connection

* Jabber successfully connected

/openils/conf/opensrf.xml:859: parser error : Extra content at the end of
the document

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Melissa

Melissa S. Lefebvre

Web Services Administrator

Bibliomation, Inc.