[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation Problems for 1.4 on Debian Etch

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:42:18 EST 2008

Hi Melissa:

2008/11/19 Melissa Lefebvre <mlefebvre at biblio.org>:
> Hi,
>

> I am new to Evergreen, and am trying to set up a test server.  I am using
> Debian Etch and Evergreen 1.4.  I've followed and completed the install
> instructions but I've run into a few problems that I am not sure how to
> correct or what I've done wrong.  I would appreciate any guidance anyone
> could provide.  Should I have not installed 1.4 on Debian Etch?  I only saw
> install instructions for 1.4 on Ubuntu but thought I would give it a whirl
> on Debian.  Here are the problems I've run into.

I'm running 1.4 on Debian Etch, there's no problem with that choice.

> When starting Evergreen I receive the following error:
>
> Starting OpenSRF Router
>
> Starting OpenSRF Perl
>
> Unknown error field throw at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 397

This suggests that we need a bit more defensive programming to catch
the error that I can see below:

<snip>

> Here are the results from running settings-tester.pl

Thanks for running settings-tester.pl - that's very helpful!

<snip>

> /openils/conf/opensrf.xml:859: parser error : Extra content at the end of
> the document

Open up your opensrf.xml file in an XML-aware editor; the XML syntax
in that file is incorrect (maybe an open tag, or a comment that isn't
terminated, or something like that).

The following command might provide more help in where things went
wrong in the XML syntax:

xmllint --noout /openils/conf/opensrf.xml

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University