[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Questions

jgage at bartoncountylibrary.com jgage at bartoncountylibrary.com
Sat Nov 22 23:19:42 EST 2008

I don’t even know if this is the right place to ask questions about
Evergreen.  I’m doing some legwork about looking into options for an ILS for
a small theological seminary in Austria.  Open source looks like it might be
an option for us to seriously consider, but those of us working on the
project have some questions about Evergreen.

*	We nee to be able access bib records in both the English and
Cyrillic alphabets.  Reading that it appears work is being done to have the
whole system in other languages, does anyone know if  it will include all of
the languages that our students use (Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Hungarian,
Polish, Romanian, Russian)
*	Will Evergreen import MARC records in batches from MARC Magician?
*	Has anyone migrated from Athena to Evergreen, and would they be
willing to talk to us?
*	I was surprised that I did not see a Sort by Call # option in the
search results list (not a deal breaker, but nice to have).  Is this being
addressed?
*	How much IT time will a system like this involve?  Where is it
hosted?  How much server space?  On or off-site hosting?

Anyone who can direct me in the right direction to find answers to these
(and probably a thousand more)??  Thanks in advance!

.Jacque Gage

Barton County Library

300 W. 10th

Lamar, MO 64759