[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding custom fields to OPAC display

Jeremy Buhler jeremy.buhler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:30:13 EST 2008

We are configuring Evergreen 1.2.3.1 and would like the OPAC to show
additional information in the default view for bib records. In addition to
showing the Abstract, for example, we would like to create a new line for
local notes with data derived from the MARC record.

I understand this will involve changes to /xml/rdetail/rdetail_summary.xml
and have successfully created new rows in the table, but I'm not sure how to
populate the rows with data from the MARC record.  Can anyone point me in
the right direction?

Thanks,
Jeremy Buhler
Law Society of British Columbia