[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding custom fields to OPAC display

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:35:06 EST 2008

Hi Jeremy:

2008/11/28 Jeremy Buhler <jeremy.buhler at gmail.com>:
> We are configuring Evergreen 1.2.3.1 and would like the OPAC to show
> additional information in the default view for bib records. In addition to
> showing the Abstract, for example, we would like to create a new line for
> local notes with data derived from the MARC record.
>
> I understand this will involve changes to /xml/rdetail/rdetail_summary.xml
> and have successfully created new rows in the table, but I'm not sure how to
> populate the rows with data from the MARC record.  Can anyone point me in
> the right direction?

I've summarized some of the background information on how Evergreen
generates indexes and displays information in a default install at
both http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.autocat/17001
and, at a much more technical level,
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.open-ils.devel/2307

I should probably write this up as an FAQ (or better yet, a HOWTO) at
some point, rather than just pointing to a couple of mailing list
posts... time, time, somebody give me some time!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University