[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Feature inquiry

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Tue Oct 7 11:46:53 EDT 2008

This prompts another thought.  If I eventually am persuaded to allow
tagging (and if I persuade my staff that it is worthwhile), can we have
tagging only by someone who has actually checked out the item?  One of
the problems with Amazon, for example, is that anyone can go in and tag
an item.  Granted, many people will not abuse this, but not everyone has
scruples.

Another thing that would make it more palatable is if you could have a
list of disallowed words or something that alerts library staff to
disallowed words.  I'm thinking here more of words like "great" or
"stupid."  As tags, these are so subjective as to be useless.  Yes, I
know, this is still going against the wisdom of the masses.  The Who
Wants to Be a Millionaire audience did not always know the answer,
though.

Deanna Frazee
Killeen City Library System
(254) 501-8995