[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff-only locations

David Fiander david at fiander.info
Tue Oct 14 15:12:22 EDT 2008

I don't know if this is in Evergreen or not, but it's a problem we
just ran into with our current ILS.

We would like to create one or two staff locations that can page items
for transfers, to support certain internal functions, but with our
current ILS, all locations are visible in the public interface. In
order to reduce the chance of a user requesting that an item be
transferred to a staff location, we are having to create it with a
cryptic name and just hope that nobody selects it.

So, it would be nice if Evergreen supports locations/destinations for
transfers that are not normally visible on the public opac, but are
visible in the staff client, or could be visible in the opac if the
user logged in has the appropriate patron type.

- David