[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Save the Date! Evergreen Conference, May 20 - 22, 2009

Karen G. Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Sat Oct 18 09:01:35 EDT 2008

We can now announce it! The first-ever Evergreen Conference will be May
20-22, 2009 at the Classic Center in Athens, Georgia, following the
Georgia PINES <http://www.georgialibraries.org/public/pines.php> annual
meeting. The Classic Center is a lovely location some of you may
remember from Code4Lib 2007, and Athens, just an hour from Atlanta, is a
fun place with a nice downtown just in walking distance.

This event is being planned by Georgia Public Library Service, SOLINET,
and Equinox Software. The details are still being worked out, but expect
a lively mix of speakers, lightening talks, Birds of a Feather (topic
discussions organized on-site), and of course, a hackfest! Plenty of
time will be factored in for breaks and meals to encourage mingling and
sharing.

Some going-in questions while things are still fluid.

Hackfest-types: it's reasonable to assume you'd want a full day, yes?
(For those unfamiliar with this term, a "hackfest" is  a time for
developers to get together and work like mad on projects, like the
Evergreen SOPAC and LibX projects worked on at Access 2008.) The
hackfest may overlap with PINES meeting activities on the 20th, but
we're anticipating that's not an issue.

For lightening talks (at Access, called Thunder Talks) -- 5-minute short
talks on Evergreen issues -- would you anticipate signing up for topics
in advance -- say, online?

What else? Questions? Suggestions? Time set aside for an Evergreen
Maypole Dance?

We'll get a web page up before November --