[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Error Message with Staff Client 1.2.3.1 and VMware Image

Randy Krause rkrause1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 16:18:51 EDT 2008

Hello all!  I downloaded the latest VMware image Evergreen 1.2.3.1 on
Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) and the latest staff client.  The hosting
system is an HP laptop with Windows Vista - and VMWare Workstation
installed.  The staff client worked just fine when pointing to the
demonstration servers for PINES.  After installing the VMWare image,
and getting the server started according to the directions (has its
own IP) and starting the support for the use of the latest release
staff client, there is an error message on the client that says the
staff client is not supported when trying to connect to the VMWare
linux server.  Has anyone else seen this type of issue?  I do have a
box running Server2000 that I will deploy the VMware server image on,
and run the client seperatly on the laptop, but wanted to make sure
that this was not indicitive of a much larger issue I might have. Any
feedback would be great.

A great big WOW about this project!  When I first started my interest
in library automation I was using MOLLI (Micro On-Line Library
Information) 5.0 from then Nichols Technologies when I was a library
page in high school.  I used MOLLI in college for a Resource Center I
ran, and then GEAC Advanced (running on UNIX) at the college library
before they moved to Innovative out of the 2000 year flip over scare.
I think this a great project and look forward to being active in using
and watching the system evolve!

-Regards
Randy Krause
Middletown, New York