[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] cgi-bins executable - chmod 755

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:14:37 EDT 2008

2008/10/20  <makekee at msu.ac.zw>:
> Now i am at point number 20 using the document Installing Evergreen 1.2 on
> Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) and 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon). when i try to run the
> command "chmod 755 /openils/var/cgi-bin/*.cgi" i get the error:
>
> opensrf at eg-server1:~$ chmod 755 /openils/var/cgi-bin/*.cgi
> chmod: cannot access `/openils/var/cgi-bin/*.cgi': No such file or directory
> opensrf at eg-server1:~$
>

> where is this cgi-bin directory.

Hi Ephraim:

This directory should have been created when you installed Evergreen
using the "make install" command in step 5. I just checked the Ubuntu
8.04 VMWare image and the directory is there.

If you chose something other than "openils_all" as a TARGET in the
"make config" phase of step 5, however, then this might not have been
created. Some good news, though, you can run "make config" and "make
install" again without having to perform steps 6 through 19.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University