[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen RC 1.4 Released

Karen G. Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Mon Oct 20 12:22:41 EDT 2008

On Friday, October 17, 2008, the Evergreen community released Evergreen
1.4, Release Candidate 1. It is linked on the project website downloads
page http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads.php , or go directly to
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/Evergreen-ILS-1.4.0.0-rc1.tar.gz

This release is suitable for testing new installations of Evergreen and
trying out the new features available in version 1.4. Partial upgrade
instructions from the 1.2 series are available
<http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2_to_1.4> (
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2_to_1.4 ) and will
evolve throughout the Release Candidate process.

This will not be the last RC for 1.4, but barring major issues other
than installation and upgrade cleanup, it is very close. We invite and
encourage you to download and install this version for testing purposes
but recommend that you wait until the final 1.4.0.0 release for
production use. This version of Evergreen requires version 1.0 or
greater of OpenSRF, linked above.

You can read more about 1.4 on the Evergreen Development Roadmap:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_roadmap

Also see this post describing two of the features -- courtesy notices
and non-SIP self-check:
http://blog.esilibrary.com/2008/09/08/progress-on-evergreen-release-14/

Congratulations to the developers -- and please do test this out and
report back!