[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Vandelay Webinar, 3 p.m. ET October 30

Karen G. Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 22 12:20:59 EDT 2008

Equinox is offering a "Meet Vandelay" webinar for the Evergreen
community on Thursday, October 30, 3 - 4 p.m. EDT. Vandelay is the
record importer-exporter in Evergreen and is part of the Evergreen 1.4
release.

This webinar continues and expands the invitational webinars we have
been holding for smaller audiences on other topics. These have been
tremendously helpful for our development efforts and are also great for
community-building.

I'm pasting in the blurb from the webinar software below. If on
registration you get a message saying "space is limited," ignore that --
there's room for 1000 attendees (though personally I'm hoping the crowd
won't be QUITE that large). Feel free to send technical questions to me
directly at kgs at esilibrary.com (though people have had a relatively easy
time using GoToWebinar).

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/586205887

Version 1.4 of Evergreen open source library software has many great
features, but this webinar is focusing specifically on Vandelay, the
batch record import-export tool. Hear from Evergreen developer Bill
Erickson how Vandelay can help your library workflows for cataloging,
acquisitions, and more.  Karen Schneider, Community Librarian for
Equinox Software, will field your questions and comments, and the
session will be recorded for your later reviewing pleasure.

Title:  Meet Vandelay, Evergreen's record importer-exporter

Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008

Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer

(Note: if you don't have a computer microphone, you can text your
questions into the chat or question boxes. At minimum, you pretty much
need a PC/Mac with speakers. Also feel free to show up a few minutes
early to get comfortable with the webinar software. )

Hope to see you there! Somewhere before or after Thanksgiving, expect an
"introducing 1.4" webinar, and after that, another acquisitions session.