[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 1.4 install problems after running staff client

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Oct 30 11:06:10 EDT 2008

I was able to install Evergreen on Ubuntu following the the instructions.
I was able to test with srfsh
The OPAC worked.

However, I ran into problems once I installed and ran the staff client
(http://open-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-setup-rel_1_4_0_0_rc1.exe).

When I ran the server test from the client, the server connection was
"OK", but the version verification failed.

I assumed the problem related to step 5.III "make
STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_4_0_0 install"

I thought I ran this step exactly as written, but wondered if the build
ID needed to be  "rel_1_4_0_0_rc1" which is the title of the client
window. So I ran the command "make STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_4_0_0_rc1
install" (probably a big mistake in retrospect.)

My other possible misstep is that I tried out the My account login in
the web opac using the admin user. At which point I was asked to change
my password for "admin" which I did. (probably another big mistake).

As well as the staff client not working, the srfsh test does returns an
error "Unable to commincate with service open-ils.auth"

Running Settings-tester.pl does not return any errors.

My questions are:

1. Is step 5.III where the server connection version problem being
caused or was there another potential issue?

2. Has changing the admin password caused any issues or is that OK as
long as I remember to use the new password?

3. Do instructions to restore the database on the page:
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords
still work for version 1.4?

4. Is there a step I could go back and start from to get back to a good
install, or do I start from scratch?

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.