[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen MARC record / holdings batch loader

David Christensen david.a.christensen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:00:03 EDT 2008

I've been doing a lot of playing with loading MARC records into Evergreen
lately....
I've been trying to simplify the process for myself, and thought someone
might find this useful.  :-)

(eg_batch_loader_parse_holdings.pl is just a more-generalized version of the
existing 'parse_holdings.pl' script - and many thanks to whoever wrote
that!)

If you run:  eg_batch_loader.pl --help
it will give you a list of options, and some (hopefully helpful)
information.

The gist of it is that the eg_batch_loader lets you specify config
information (in the _cfg.xml file), and then steps you through the stages of

Everything gets logged (both to a file and to the screen).

There's still a lot of sanity-checking I'm planning to do, but it works well
enough for me now... it might for you as well ;-)

Feel free to drop me a note with comments, concerns, thoughts for
improvement ( patches! ).

Thanks
-David Christensen