[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problems Installing Evergreen on Debian

roland_mischke roland_mischke at sil.org
Fri Oct 24 16:15:31 EDT 2008

I have been trying vainly over the past few months to install Evergreen on Debian Etch.  I've tried using freshly installed Debian installed as basic system, as basic system+desktop, and as basic system+web server.  Following the instructions, I have installed the prerequisites (using version 10888), but when I follow the "Installing Evergreen 1.2 on Debian Etch" instructions, I get as far as item 3.II  "as the root user run <make install>, and the system returns the error message "no rule to make target 'install'".

Any advice?

Roland