[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] moving PINES example code from ILS repo to ILS-Contrib

Mark Leggott mleggott at upei.ca
Fri Sep 5 13:10:35 EDT 2008

Thanks Bill/Dan - I'm not sure if anyone from UPEI responded, but by
way of this e-mail we will commit our local policy files to the ILS-
Contrib repository in the coming weeks.

Mark

On 22-Aug-08, at 6:18 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> I strongly support this proposal - and encourage other sites that have
> local policies to also consider using ILS-Contrib as both a convenient
> form of offsite storage, and a way of providing seed policies for
> other, similar sites.
>
> Yes, UPEI, I'm looking at you - it would be great to examples from
> both public libraries and academic libraries in ILS-Contrib.
> Especially as an academic library that looks to migrate down the road
> :)
>
> 2008/8/22 Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com>:
>> Currently, there are a number of customization files, policy
>> scripts, etc.
>> specific to PINES in the Evergreen directory of the Evergreen ILS
>> repository.  Early on, the ILS repository served as a good place to
>> keep
>> these files, but as Evergreen expands, it makes less sense for them
>> to stay
>> there.  Also, as you might imagine, it tends to create confusion.
>>
>> I would like to propose that these files be moved into the ILS-
>> Contrib
>> repository (http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib) to continue
>> to serve
>> as examples of how one can configure certain parts of the software.
>> Perhaps
>> ILS-Contrib/PINES-Examples/ ?
>>
>> The long-term goal here is to completely remove the Evergreen
>> directory from
>> the ILS repository, since no one outside of PINES uses any of its
>> contents.
>>
>> Suggestions/thoughts welcome.
>>
>> -b
>>

>> --
>> Bill Erickson
>> | VP, Software Development & Integration
>> | Equinox Software, Inc. / The Evergreen Experts
>> | phone: 877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
>> | email: erickson at esilibrary.com
>> | web: http://esilibrary.com
>>

> --
> Dan Scott
> Laurentian University

Mark Leggott, University Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Ave. Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
902-566-0460  Fax 902-628-4305
m.leggott at upei.ca