[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] RE: Serials Management

David J. Fiander david at fiander.info
Tue Sep 16 20:42:04 EDT 2008

That's a very interesting site. Of particular interest is the "Survey
on Vendor Support" http://www.loc.gov/acq/conser/patthold-
vendorsurvey.html:

Of the 11 vendors surveyed, 10 support MFHD, and they use that
information to set up their issue predictions. But only 6 vendors use
the $y regularity pattern to "anticipate normalized irregulars" (like
the Economist or Library Journal combined/skipped issues).

And NONE of the vendors support sharing MFHD with other ILS systems.
Gotta love communication standards.

- David

--
David J. Fiander