[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problem with Pg password authentication in 'make install'

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:29:22 EDT 2008

2008/9/16 Warren A. Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Assuming you don't want to work up a patch to the underlying problem,
>> I would suggest for the purposes of Getting Things Done that you just
>> use a different password that only includes alpha-numeric characters.
>
> I tried a few different things and this seems to be the simplest
> solution. I added double-quotes around DBPW in install.sh.

Thanks for chasing this down, Warren. I have applied your patch to the
rel_1_2 and rel_1_2_3 branches. Trunk has changed to autoconf/automake
and the database configuration and install tools are still in
transition - but we'll test this out when those tools are ready.

Thanks again!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University