[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] question about No authentication seed found error

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 2 15:46:36 EDT 2009

> So, I ran the settings-tester.pl for more information.  The first thing I notice is that the dbname and user are blank:

Hi Roma,

Yeah, that's scary.

> psql:000.english.pg82.fts-config.sql:28: ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_ts_cfg_pkey"

These errors are okay and expected coming from *fts-config.sql

> I did restart ejabberd, memcached, osrf_ctl.sh.  But when I rerun the settings_tester.pl script dbname and user still are blank.  Should I remove the pg_ts_cfg_pkey and rerun eg_db_config.pl?  Is there anything else I should try first?

I would check all of the <db> elements in your /openils/conf/opensrf.xml file.

Also check the contents of your /openils/conf/live-db-setup.pl file.

Make sure the database name, database user, database host, and
database password all agree and make sense.

If you make some progress but still run into trouble, I'd also suggest
going through this web page:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors

--
Jason Etheridge