[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] question about No authentication seed found error

Roma Matott rmatott at pls-net.org
Wed Apr 1 15:52:22 EDT 2009

I recently installed Evergreen 1.4 on Ubuntu:8.10 server.  When I test the Evergreen connection I see:

Received Data: "20a3aa8813c4f3ae7d01c7c2aa6bb779"

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.066338
------------------------------------

Received Exception:
Name: osrfMethodException
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 60.005434
------------------------------------
Login Session: (none).  Session timeout: 0.000000

So, I ran the settings-tester.pl for more information.  The first thing I notice is that the dbname and user are blank:

Checking database connections
DBI connect('dbname=;host=localhost;port=5432','',...) failed: FATAL:  database "host=localhost" does not exist at ./settings-tester.pl line 217
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Unable to connect to database dbi:Pg:dbname=;host=localhost;port=5432, user=, password=evergreen
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Unable to connect to database dbi:Pg:dbname=;host=localhost;port=5432, user=, password=evergreen

Now, I think this may have happened because I used \ in one big line when executing the eg_db_config.pl (I was so intent on following the instructions exactly I did not stop to think about what the \ meant :)  I think the dbase and user settings were ignored when I initially ran the script because they followed the \.

Since then I have rerun eg_db_config.pl without the \  as one big line and on separate lines using the \ as it is meant to be used.  It does run with some errors:

Backed up original configuration file to '/openils/conf/opensrf.xml.2009.4.1.12.58.35'
BEGIN
CREATE FUNCTION
psql:000.english.pg82.fts-config.sql:28: ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_ts_cfg_pkey"
psql:000.english.pg82.fts-config.sql:29: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:000.english.pg82.fts-config.sql:30: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:000.english.pg82.fts-config.sql:31: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:000.english.pg82.fts-config.sql:32: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

up to sql:136.  But then the rest of the script continues.

I did restart ejabberd, memcached, osrf_ctl.sh.  But when I rerun the settings_tester.pl script dbname and user still are blank.  Should I remove the pg_ts_cfg_pkey and rerun eg_db_config.pl?  Is there anything else I should try first?

I also dug around the lists, and found some other things to check for the no authentication seed found error.  Below are host and port information

memcached:

roma at greenowwl:/etc$ ps ax | grep memcached
 4115 pts/2    S      0:00 /usr/bin/memcached -m 64 -p 11211 -u nobody -l 127.0.0.1