[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Issues with new user accounts and languages in the OPAC

Linda Skolkova skolkova at ikaros.cz
Wed Apr 8 02:14:55 EDT 2009

Dear all,

As we are plunging deeper and deeper into Evergreen, we are currently trying
to sort out the following problems:

1) We are not sure which permissions we should set for the circ user who is
supposed to create new user records (accounts). The user who now has circ
permissions cannot set the user type during registration (the whole
registration process works, however, it is not possible to select the user
type and to proceed with registration). It works when local admin and admin
accounts are used. Does anyone have any idea about this?

2) It is no longer possible to choose language in the OPAC in our
installation (which is available at
http://213.220.227.200/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/index.xml), although the
DOJO script is visible there. Does this indicate some kind of database
problem? The thing is that it worked after the system had been loaded but
after the restart (reload) it did not work any longer.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Linda Skolkova and Vaclav Jansa

Linda Skolkova, M.A.

E-mail: linda.skolkova at ff.cuni.cz, skolkova at chello.cz

Instutite of Information Studies and Librarianship

Faculty of Arts, Charles University, Prague

http://uisk.ff.cuni.cz/

Paths are made by walking. Franz Kafka