[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting permissions for patron subgroups

Anton Chuppin chuppiav at gov.ns.ca
Wed Apr 8 14:22:32 EDT 2009

I'm trying to figure out how to correctly set permissions for different
patron groups in our consortium. Based on Evergreen org. structure

--- Consortium
-------------- System1
----------------------- Branch1
----------------------- Branch2
-------------- System2
----------------------- Branch1
----------------------- Branch2

I would like to allow patrons who belong to Branch1 or Branch2 in
System1 to be able to check in, check out, place holds on materials
within System1 limits only. Same for branches in System2. Patrons should
not be able to cross their system boundaries.

I created a subgroup of group_application.user.patron and called it
group_application.user.patron.system1. The bootstrapping script 'User
Group Hierarchy Setup' wouldn't allow me to change 'COPY_CHECKOUT' or
'COPY_CHECKIN' permissions from 'Consortium' to 'System' for this group
(because they are inherited from the parent?). These options are greyed
out. COPY_CHECKOUT becomes editable for 'patron' user group and
COPY_CHECKIN for 'user', but I don't want to edit them at that level.

My goal is to create all the user groups that are necessary for each
system (adults, children, etc.) and then to load user records. Does this
make sense?

Anton
--
Anton Chuppin