[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Marking an item "Lost"

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 13 20:07:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Chris Caughey <CCaughey at jessup.edu> wrote:
> As a follow-up to my question about the difference between “missing” and
> “lost” statuses, I’ve noticed that within Edit Item Attributes under the
> Status category, “Lost” is grayed out and is unavailable.  Are missing items
> that are given up on to simply be deleted from the system in lieu of being
> marked as “Lost?”

Hi Chris,

"Missing" is used to designate an item that can not be found and where
a patron is not responsible.

"Lost" is used for an item that can not be found and is still
technically circulating to a patron.

Certain statuses are greyed out in the Item Attribute Editor because
it only makes sense for them to be set as part of a different
workflow.

Does this help?

--
Jason Etheridge