[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Conference hackfests alive and well!

David J. Fiander david at fiander.info
Tue Apr 14 19:23:28 EDT 2009

A hackfest is sort of like an unconference, but traditionally they're
more focused on producing something than an unconference.

The biggest difference between a hackfest and an unconference is that
every topic that a group coalesces around is an all-day event, rather
than having timeslots that allow people to explore multiple topics.
(In a really geeky hackfest, there's also coding involved, but I've
worked on projects that produced just a requirements document.)

- David