[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Conference hackfests alive and well!

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Tue Apr 14 20:25:42 EDT 2009

Catherine, I'm really pleased by the interest in documentation for that day.
I've heard that from other corners as well but it's hard to measure interest
(maybe we should have charged $5 for the "fests" so we could get a nose
count :) ).
As it stands, here are some of the topics that can be covered/have had
interest--some higher-level, some lower:
* Single-source documentation -- what it is and why we care
(presentation/discussion)
* Docbook XML -- what it is, why we care, examples of Evergreen
documentation generated in Docbook, current issues/challenges/strengths of
Docbook
* Developing a documentation workflow for the Evergreen community
* Establishing priorities for Evergreen documentation
* Creating an active documentation working group
* Current examples of Evergreen documentation

Which of these are you--and others--interested in? Are you up for a full day
or an afternoon?