[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds for ILLs on Template bib records

Coleman, Marlene mcoleman at bcgov.net
Wed Aug 19 15:13:58 EDT 2009

Hi Tara,

We are trying to place Title holds, and they are for the same org unit owning the item (we do have branches).  We were aware that the "targeter" was on a 15 minute delay, but the delay in finding the item is much more than that, sometimes a day or two days.  My current test is a title hold placed 2009-08-17T13:16:30-0400, which didn't show up on the pull holds list until this morning 8-19-09.  It currently has a "previous check time" of
2009-08-19T14:15:14-0400. I'm not sure what that means (if that's really when the targeter checked for it last)....but I don't know how to determine when the targeter FIRST found the item for the hold. Is there a field for that that's visible by the client?

Holds on template records just aren't responding as a normal bib record would for holds.

Thanks for your response!

Marlene

Marlene F. Coleman, BA, MLS, CIM
ILS Database Manager, Branch Manager
Beaufort County Library, Beaufort Branch
311 Scott Street, Beaufort, SC 29902
843-470-6544    mcoleman at bcgov.net
www.beaufortcountylibrary.org
For Learning ♦ For Leisure ♦ For Life

I remember that for holds that are not opportunistic holds (i.e. holds
captured on checkin) that it sometimes it takes the hold targeter 15 minutes
to match up the hold with the item that can fill the hold. Have you checked
a few times and the holds are still not targeting?

I doubt that this is relevant, but I'm curious as to what type of hold are
you placing on the brief records? Is it the same type of hold that you
generally use for holds?

Cheers,
Tara