[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Catalog search issue

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 1 11:33:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:53 PM,  <scrlheadlib at mts.net> wrote:
> I have deleted an item and the volume from a record but I did not delete the
> record as I anticipate replacing the volume in the future.  I don’t want to
> keep the volume because it gives misleading search results at first glance.
> Is there any way I can retrieve this record?  At the moment when I search
> for the title I retrieve nothing.

Hi Mary, you may have EG configured to auto-delete bib records when
the last item is removed.

If that's the case, the only way you can retrieve that record for
undeletion is via its TCN or record ID, or if it is still referenced
in a bucket or bookbag, or if you can find a past circulation
involving the item you deleted.

You could run a report for recently deleted records and grab the
record id from it.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/