[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Buckets

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 3 13:52:26 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Hardy, Elaine
<ehardy at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
> Easier sharing would be very nice. We would like to be able to rename
> buckets. We would also like the bucket list, both in the interface and the
> list of bucket to choose when adding to it, to be in alphabetical order.

Ah, this would be easy to do.

> We would like to be able to scan items directly into a bucket.

This is a direction I was heading with the Copy Bucket interface.  You
can currently scan barcodes into the Pending Area, and move those into
specific buckets.

But I want to see a blending of the Item Status and Copy Bucket
interfaces; something more seamless.

But what about record buckets?  Would it be useful to have an item
barcode scan populate a record bucket with the associated title?

Or maybe an Add to Record Bucket next to every instance of the Add to
Item Bucket menu option which works similarly (uses the item just as
an entry point for finding the right bib).

> If you remove items or titles from a bucket, you have to refresh several
> times in order for them to actually be removed.

Ah, this was just oversight and due to your databases being
replicated.  We need to make the underlying methods request data from
the master database, sidestepping replication lag.

I've added this to the community bug database we're experimenting with:

Thanks Elaine!

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/