[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] introduction and quick database question

Jesse Ephraim jephraim at roanoketexas.com
Mon Dec 7 18:30:56 EST 2009

I am the director of a library in a consortium of small libraries in the
Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area of Texas.  We launched Evergreen a few
months ago.

I am working on some reports that go beyond the basic capabilities of
the built-in reporting tool in Evergreen, so I am pulling the data via
standard SQL queries.   I have one quick question:

I don't see "title" and "author" information anywhere within any of the
ASSET tables (other than empty "dummy_title" and "dummy_author" fields
in asset_copy), so I looked to the METABIB table to pull that
information.  However, I am having trouble locating the common
identifier to tie the tables together when I JOIN them so I can link the
appropriate author and title information to the individual copies.  I
know I must be overlooking something obvious, but if someone could give
me a quick hint, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Jesse Ephraim

Director, Roanoke Public Library

308 S. Walnut