[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] introduction and quick database question

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:39:35 EST 2009

I believe you're looking for biblio.record_entry.  This (generally)
corresponds to the "source" or "record" value of your metabib tables
(if you do a '\d metabib.title_field_entry' [for example], you should
see a "foreign key constraint').

An item (asset.copy) will link to a title (biblio.record_entry) via a
volume (asset.call_number).

There are also a number of useful views in the reporter schema.

If you haven't yet seen it, this
(http://open-ils.org/documentation/evergreen-schema-1.4.0.2.html) can
be pretty helpful.  There are some additions in 1.6 (Ex: Acq), but I
find it quite helpful quite often.

Hope this helps!

--Don